For awhile now, Gairod has been trying to "encourage" me to bake more, and buy less processed snacks for the kids.
Well, I don't like to be "told" what to do, so I originally balked at the idea. But I did start thinking about it, and I realized it would save money, and be healthier for the kids, so I eventually decided to give it a try!
I have only been doing it for less than a week now, but it is going well. I am trying to alternate between muffins, loafs, and cookies, making sure that I always have something that they can have at snack time (with some fruit), and for dessert after lunch or dinner.
It really isn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I REALLY like the fact that my kids are eating homemade foods, and I KNOW what is in them! :)
4 comments:
Check out The Pioneer Womans blog.. she has a great cooking section! I love cooking and baking but detest the time cookies take so I spread them on a large pan and make bars! If you find any great deals on blueberries( when they are in season around you) grab a pile of packages and plan to freeze them. All you need to do is rinse them and toss in a freezer bag. They freeze like marbles. If they do stick together just drop the bag on the counter and they break apart. SO nice to have them for muffins, breads, pancakes!
Shoot, if you can bake with 5 kids, that means I have no excuse with 2, LOL! I want to bake more of our food as well. I made banana bread last week, but that's about it! I go through spurts where I bake a lot and then some where I don't!
I just found a great blog this weekend and thought you might like it! Looks Yummo!
http://www.bakedperfection.com/
Post a Comment