Thursday, May 31, 2012

April Recap - Part 2!

In the middle of April, we had a big snow storm, that dumped 8 inches of snow!! Of course, it had to happen when Gairod was working nights, and the kids and I were all alone. The snow was SO thick and heavy, the power kept flickering in and out, and I was paranoid that the weight of the snow was going to pull down a power line, and we would be without power for who knows how long!! Luckily the power stayed on, and the snow all melted within a few days.

I do have to say though, after the bits of snow we have seen this Spring, I am looking forward to next Christmas out here. It looks SO beautiful when the trees are all covered in snow - it honestly looks like a Christmas card!! :)
In the third week of April, we finally started finding some kittens! We got Lucy (girl) on April 18th, and she was 5-6 weeks old. 
We got Charlie (boy) on April 22nd, and he was 8.5 weeks old, born on Feb. 22nd 2012.
We got Eleanor (girl) on April 26th, and she was 6 weeks old, born on March 14th 2012.
So within just over 2 weeks, we got 4 new pets - 1 puppy, and 3 kittens! lol! We kept the kittens inside for a few weeks, then made a home for them outside, on our deck, so that they can grow up to catch mice! :)

April was our first full month on the acreage. I can honestly say that we all settled in right away, and are loving acreage life. We are already looking at getting some chickens, and possibly a calf or two, in the future! :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...