April started off great!! We had everything moved out to our new house, the renters moved into our old house, and we could start settling in!
I had originally planned to take the last 2 weeks of March off of homeschooling, so that we could move and get settled. I figured we could start back at it the beginning of April. We ended up taking the first week of April off too. We really needed that extra week off, to continue unpacking, and start getting into a new normal routine.
During that first week of April, we also decided to paint Jade's room! My mom was off work for Easter break, so she came out and helped me. :) I am a big believer in letting kids pick the paint colour for their room. They are only young once, and it's not hurting anything to let them pick cool colours for their room!! So, Jade picked purple and teal! :)

The first "holiday" we celebrated in our new house, was Easter! The Easter Bunny did something new this year, and hid plastic eggs all over the house for the kids to collect! Each kid had a certain colour to find, that way Jade's eggs could be hidden in harder spots, and Sage's in easier spots! The kids had a blast!! :)
Since the beginning of April, I had been searching kijiji (local online classifieds), for some free kittens. We had decided to get a couple of kittens, to be outside cats, to keep the mice population down. I had no idea how hard it would be to find kittens!! As soon as free ones would come up, they were all gone within hours!!
In the second week of April, while looking for kittens one day, for some reason, I decided to start looking at puppies. We have a 6 year old female yellow lab, and have talked about breeding her with a chocolate lab, for a few years. It's just never worked out to get someone elses dog over, when she's been in heat. Suddenly I thought: Why don't we just get our own male chocolate lab, and then they can breed whenever they want to, and we could sell the puppies for a bit of extra cash?! So I found one on kijiji, picked him up that afternoon, and surprised Gairod with him when he came home from work that night!! It was a TOTALLY rash decision on my part, and SO unlike me, but it was all worth it to see the joy on Gairod's face!! He likes dogs much more than I do, and was quite sad when we had to get our male yellow lab (the father of our female) put down in the fall, because he was old and sick.
So now we have a new little boy, "Hunter"! He was 10 weeks when we got him, and a bit small for his age. But he is growing quickly, and we are hoping he and Koda (our female) might be able to breed when she goes into her next heat in the fall!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment