Thursday, March 1, 2012

Technology.

For the past few weeks, I've been thinking of doing a post on spending less time on the computer. I know I waste way too much time on the computer each day, and I could get a lot more done around the house if I put a time limit on my computer time.

Right now, our computer is in our living room, which is a central place in our house. Basically, it's too conveniently placed! I can easily pop onto the computer for "a few minutes", at any time during the day or evening. When we move to our new house, our computer will be in a office, out of the way, and less "convenient". I am honestly looking forward to this, since like I said before, I know I spend too much time on the computer, and I know that this will encourage me to not waste so much time! :)

The ironic thing is, over the past few days, I have been totally stressed out over trying to figure out how to get internet and email at our new house. Since we will be on an acreage, we can't get the same high-speed internet through the same company that we do right now. We will have to get satellite internet, through a different company, which means I will be losing my email address, and to top it all off, it's going to cost more. I am kind of embarrassed about how much this is stressing me out. I've never really thought I was too reliant on technology (remember when I first got my iphone?), but over the past few days, I have realized that I am okay with less technology when it's on my terms, but not necessarily when I don't have a choice in the matter!

I know that ultimately, it all boils down to change. I've mentioned several times before, that I don't do well with change. Well, moving is a BIG change. I know that it will all be for the better, but all of the little changes that go along with it - new mailing address, new phone number, new email address - are completely stressing me out!! I don't like the idea of having to change ALL of my contact info at the same time. It's stupid, I know, but it's how I feel.

1 comment:

Special K said...

I hear you! We moved from our place in Seattle to my mom's house to our house in Chicago and had to change info along the way. When we moved into the new house I got a call from a guy who said the phone company had promised to hold his number for a year and he was mad and wanted the number back. I was less than pleased!!!! I did get quite a few phone calls for the guy over the years but darn it I wasn't about to change everything yet again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...