Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Plans.

As I sit here typing this, it is the morning of Monday June 25th, and we are on the brink of 10 weeks off of homeschooling, for summer break!!


Jade did her last math test on Friday, and all the kids had their last swim lesson for the year on Friday afternoon. We are officially DONE school until the Fall!! :) 


Last year, we decided to lightly do school through the summer. This year though, I decided we all need the break to gear up for the Fall, when the triplets will start doing Kindergarten!!


Being out on an acreage, I am enjoying spending time outside, more than I ever have in my life, aside from when we are up at the lake. I have never been an outside person, and I always wanted to spend most of my summer up at the lake, because at home I would sit around inside, wasting away the summer, feeling like there was nothing to do!


This summer, I am happy to spend time at home, and I have lots to keep me occupied outside! Between cutting the grass, tending to my garden, and playing with the kids, I never have "nothing to do" outside! We also have zoo passes and Heritage Park passes, and I would like to go to both places at least a few times over the summer. Hopefully we will be able to take a day trip to the dinosaur museum in Drumhellar, and to Calaway Park as well.


Since Gairod is still in his first year with the fire department, he doesn't get any vacation time yet. He is allowed to trade shifts though, so he is looking at getting someone to cover 4 shifts for him, probably some time in August, and then he will be able to have 12 days off in a row, and we can go up to the lake!


So we don't really have any set summer plans just yet, and I'm okay with that. I am looking forward to lots of down time, and lots of flexibility to be spontaneous! :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...