Monday, June 18, 2012

First week of June!

I almost had my blog caught up, and then I got behind again! lol!

I forgot to mention in May, that as of May 1st, Sage is potty trained!! It was a total spur of the moment decision to start training her, but I am happy to say she caught on right away, and we haven't looked back since! :)

The kids and I have been spending as much time as possible outside this Spring! We have had quite a bit of rain, which has made it a bit more difficult, but as soon as that sun comes out, we are outside playing, working in our gardens, and enjoying life on the acreage! :)
Hunter and Sage ♥

Hunter and Koda - Hunter is getting SO big!

Eleanor and Charlie are getting big too!!


Waiting for our garden to start growing!

Waiting for our grass to start growing!!

Jade's garden

The little kids gardens :)

Eleanor and Charlie are getting bigger and stronger every day! Charlie especially, is such a sweetie, and the kids (particularly Sage) love hauling him around like a doll. He's so laid back, he just lets them carry him around, and never gets mad :) At just 14 weeks old, we watched Charlie catch his first mouse!! I couldn't believe it! I thought it would be a few more months before they would start catching mice!


 On Monday June 4th, we got a new little kitten. We debated whether or not to get any more kittens, but eventually decided that death is a part of reality on an acreage, especially with outside pets. So we decided we will get a few more kittens :) 
 This is Charlotte. She was approximately 6 weeks old when we got her. She was from a farm, and quite wild at first! Gairod's parents knew we were looking for another kitten, and some friends of theirs said that they had kittens on their farm to give away. When we went to pick up this kitten, it took their teenage grandkids over an hour to catch this kitten!! If I had known their kittens were this wild, I would not have agreed to getting one! We want nice, tame kittens for the kids to play with - not feral cats!!


We brought her home in a cat carrier (all of our other kittens Jade has held on her lap for the ride home), and she would growl and hiss if you even looked at her! I was honestly scarred to try and touch her! lol! It was Monday evening when we brought her home, so I just stuck the carrier in the sunroom, blocked off the entrance, and opened the carrier door. The next morning, she was still sitting in the carrier, and growled at me when I looked at her! lol! So I put on a pair of gloves, got her out of the carrier, and started taming her! By the time we ate breakfast Tuesday morning, all of the kids had held her. She was no longer growling or hissing, but was still very timid and scarred. She spent much of the first few days hiding under our couch! But within a few days, we had her tamed up quite nicely! :)

Charlotte had no problems with Charlie and Eleanor - in fact, she liked them better than she liked us at first! lol!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...