Thursday, June 21, 2012

2nd week of June!

Since we moved out to the acreage, Gairod's been just dying to start getting some "toys"! LOL! We already have two kids sized quads, but he needs to do some work on them, as they aren't working properly. A couple of weeks ago, he bought a little dirt bike for the kids!! It's a bit big for the little kids yet, but it fits Jade perfectly! :)



Another thing Gairod got for the kids, is a trampoline!! I always swore my kids would NOT have a trampoline. I know far too many people who have broken arms by falling off of trampolines. I know that the newer kinds have the safety nets around them, but I'm not a big fan of those either! ;) So we have a rule of only 2 kids on at a time (this picture is from right after Gairod got it set up, and yes, all the kids were jumping on it, but we were right there supervising). I am happy to say that they actually haven't spent nearly as much time on it as I thought they would, and have only used it a few times. Gairod only paid $60 for it, and it's just another option of something to do when the kids are playing outside! :)
This Spring has been VERY wet! We have not had a single day without at least a bit of rain for the past several weeks!! It is however, neat to be able to see the storms roll in from the west!
Our grass is starting to fill in nicely! :)
We had a week straight of rain, and I was not able to start weeding my garden. By the time I was able to do it, this is what it looked like!! Yes, those are mostly weeds and grass! Because the garden was made from fresh turned sod and dirt from the old garden, it was more full of weeds and grass then I would have liked!! Plus, I had to wait until things started to come up to be able to start weeding!
After 4.5 hours of weeding, it was starting to look a little bit better! lol!
After talking about it for months, finally, on Monday June 11th, we took away Sage's soother - cold turkey! For months she had been cycling through only having it at night, to having it more during the day when she was cranky or sick. She repeated this cycle over and over, and finally, after a week of her being cranky and having her soother WAY too much, I decided enough was enough! Gairod took it from her in the middle of the day, and when she asked for it 2 minutes later, I told her Daddy threw it in the garbage! I quickly gathered up and hid all of her soothers, and decided I was going to stand my ground. She whined and cried for her soother several times that day, and she cried quite a bit at bed time, but I just kept telling her it was gone, in the garbage, so she couldn't have it any more! The next day she only asked for it a couple of times, and I reminded her it was gone. She went to bed fine that night - no crying or whining for her soother, and we haven't looked back since!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...