Monday, June 25, 2012

Pete Knight Days!

On June 16th, we took the kids to "Pete Knight Days" in Crossfield. It's an annual event, that includes a pancake breakfast, a parade, a free hot dog lunch, a rodeo, and more!

Gairod had to work the night before, so the kids and I just met him in Crossfield on Saturday morning. We went to the pancake breakfast, where they also had free face painting for the kids! For some reason Hayden didn't want to get his face painted, so he didn't.

After breakfast, we went to claim our usual spot for watching the parade. Even though we don't live in Crossfield anymore, we wanted to take the kids to Pete Knight Days this year, because it is something that we have always done, and the kids really enjoy it! :)

My cousin Jessica came out from Airdrie with her 2 little boys to watch the parade with us. Gairod's mom and dad also sat with us. The parade was really good this year. It seemed longer than usual, and lots of people were throwing candy, which of course thrilled the kids! :)

After the parade, we walked down the street to the free hot dog lunch. Now that we live farther away, I find that I enjoy visiting with people more, since we don't see them as often. Pete Knight Days is a fun filled day of visiting and entertainment! :)

After lunch, we headed out to the rodeo grounds to watch some of the rodeo. We couldn't stay for all of it, because Gairod had to go back to work (he was on nights again that night), and the kids and I had to go to our Twin and Triplets club wind-up BBQ. The kids really enjoyed the rodeo this year - I wish we could have stayed for all of it! Overall it was a wonder, family-fun day! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...