I did it! I surpassed my first weight loss goal!!! :)
While we were still up at the Lake in July, I set a goal of getting back to my pre-Sage-pregnancy weight, by Sage's 2nd birthday. When I got pregnant with Sage, I weighted 189lbs. Today, 4 days before her birthday, I weigh 187.5lbs!! I am SO happy! :)
When I first set this goal, I honestly wasn't sure I would be able to achieve it. It was pretty steep, and I would need to average about 2lbs of weight loss a week! But as I got closer, I became quite positive that I would be able to do it! Then my leg started bugging me, reducing my exercising, which in turn slowed my weight loss. Once again, I wasn't sure I would be able to achieve it.
Last week, I only lost half a pound. We had a very busy weekend, with a couple of different events, which meant eating out almost all weekend. I knew I ate too much, and I knew my weight loss would be very low, if at all. Last week, I weighed in at 192.5lbs. That meant I would need to lose 3.5lbs to reach my goal of 189lbs this week. I really watched my eating this week, and when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was thrilled to see that I had lost 5lbs, bringing me below my goal, at 187.5lbs!
I have a weight loss app on my phone, and I am happy to say that my weight has moved out of the "obese" BMI, and into the "overweight" BMI. I am well on my way to becoming a healthier person, for my children, and for myself :)
My exercising, unfortunately, is down to non-existent. To make a long story short, when I was in highschool, I ended up with a stress fracture in my leg from running. I think I have a stress fracture again. My left tibia has been hurting since shortly after I started running. I haven't mentioned it, because I have been in denial, and hoping the pain would just go away. I know that pain, it's the same pain I had before, and the same leg. But instead of going away, it is getting worse. I haven't done any running or walking for the past 2 weeks, and my leg still aches with pain - in my bone. I need to get into my doctor, and get a referral to a sports medicine clinic.
So, for now, I will just continue to eat healthy, and hopefully continue to lose weight. I have set a new weight loss goal for myself. I would like to be down to 170lbs, by Christmas. That gives me 3 months, to lose 17.5lbs. Since there are a few bad food holidays coming up (Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas), I am thinking it might be a bit trickier to lose with diet alone. But I am going to keep on trying! I've made it this far, and I am determined to keep going! :)
1 comment:
Congratulations!!!!! That is such a HUGE accomplishment!!!! After this baby is born I know I'll be excited to get the weight off, and it's been exciting not to gain very much this time, I'm hopeful spring bike paths will call my name and as it's my obsession and I've had to give it up most of this pregnancy, it will get me back on track for the toning up portion. Hang in there with the change in routine with your husband gone. My husband travels all week this year and it's a rough adjustement. I find attitude is half of the battle, so make yourself happy and you'll find yourself in a better groove than you even thought possible.
Post a Comment