Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weight Loss - Week 14 & 15

Lets see, where did I leave off?? Oh yes, last time I posted, 2 weeks ago, I had just taken 4 days off, because my calf was hurting. So that Monday, I got back on the treadmill, and ran 5K. At the time I was thrilled, but now I realize it was a stupid move. My leg was hurting quite a bit after that, so the next day (Tuesday), I only ran 3.5K. Unfortunately, my leg was still hurting. A lot. I decided I needed to smarten up, and stop running until my leg was feeling completely better. So I took the rest of that week off, and I took ALL of last week off. My leg was feeling quite a bit better, so I decided to try getting back on the treadmill yesterday (Monday). I only did 15 minutes, but I could feel it in my leg, so I decided to stop. This morning when I got up, my leg was quite tight and sore, so I have decided that I better go back to resting it a while longer. Honestly, I am disappointed, and upset. I want to run. I was really enjoying running, and it was really helping with my weight loss. But I realize that if I keep pushing it, I am just going to end up with a serious injury. So I will hold myself back, and rest, until my leg is completely healed. Then I will start back slow, and gradually increase my mileage.

So seeing as I have not been able to exercise, my weight loss hasn't been great. I lost 1 lb last week, and 1 lb this week. I know that the important thing is that I keep on losing, and I have, every single week. It would just be nice if I could lose a little bit more each week. We've also had some major stress going on this week (I will explain in another post), so I did cheat a bit on my eating - I HATE that stress makes me want to eat!!

1 comment:

Special K said...

I'm not a runner but a mom-friend who runs uses a roller on her legs after a workout to help loosen muscles. Maybe check out some websites on maintaining your muscles for running.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...