Sunday, February 19, 2012

Change.

After chatting with a good friend on Friday, I think I've figured out what my problem is right now.

I think I am just really nervous/anxious about moving. Moving is change, and change scares me. Don't get me wrong, I AM excited about moving, but I am nervous and stressed about all of the unknowns. I am a planner, and I like to be in control, and I feel like right now, so many things are out of my control, and I can't plan anything in my life past March.

I'm not too worried about the actual moving process - I know that packing and moving all of our possessions is going to be stressful and crazy, but honestly that part doesn't bug me too much. I can plan that part - to some extent! lol!

The part that I am most anxious about, and haven't really even admitted to myself until now, is the part that comes after. Actually living on an acreage, 45 minutes away our current home, and almost an hour away from where we spend a lot of time, getting groceries, doing speech therapy, swimming, going to the library, etc.

I am excited, but nervous, about our new life. I am excited about all of the possibilities, the space, and the fact that we are finally going to be living in a place where we can start moving towards the lifestyle that we want for our family.

But I am nervous about all of the unknowns, and the distance from everything, including family and friends. I'm nervous about living on a acreage! I've always lived in a town, and so has Gairod, so this will be a new thing for both of us. I'm nervous for when he is working nights, and I am all alone out there with the kids. I am nervous about the loss of "freedom" to just call up a friend and have them come for coffee that afternoon, or to just "pop into" Airdrie on a whim.

It's going to be a lifestyle change, and honestly, I am happy about it, but I am also nervous and anxious, and I know it will take some getting used to. I just want to hurry up and move, so that I can start getting used to my new life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...