Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Croup :(

Sorry I haven't posted in a week, I tend to go in spurts, don't I?!

I've been busy with sick kids. Sage seemed to be feeling a bit crummy last Tuesday and Wednesday. She had a low-grade fever, and was just cranky and clingy. Wednesday night, she had a nasty croup cough. I have never had a kid with bad enough croup that they were actually struggling to breath, but poor Sage was. She kept waking herself up and freaking out, because she was struggling to inhale. We took her into the steamy bathroom for awhile, and put a humidifier in her room, but it was still a long miserable night. Thursday morning I decided to take her to the walk-in, after someone told me that the 2nd and 3rd night of croup are usually worse then the 1st night. The doctor said that she definitely had croup, and he gave us a one-dose oral steroid.

Thursday night still managed to be worse then Wednesday night. Sage's cough wasn't as croupy, but she was still up SEVERAL times! Then Jade came into our room at 3:30am, to tell me that her stomach wasn't feeling good, and that she had just puked (in a bucket - thank goodness!). Sage continued to cough and wake up, and Jade continued to puke - 4 times by 6am. It was a GREAT night! ;)

Luckily after that, Jade was feeling better. We're not really sure what was up with the puking, but I am glad that it was short lived!

By Saturday morning, both Jade and Hayden had a cough and a cold, and poor Sage was STILL feeling miserable!

It is now Tuesday again, and everyone but Kadance has a cold or croup - including me! Sage is still the worst, and I am TIRED of her being sick - it's very draining!! She is SO cranky and clingy, my poor girl is just miserable! :(

1 comment:

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Aw, I'm sorry. Croup is miserable - you feel so bad for them. Allegra was actually hospitalized for it for three nights a few years ago. And, puking, well that just plain old sucks. Hope your house is on the mend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...