Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas Tree!


Yes, we put up our Christmas tree today, and it is only November 5th!! This is the earliest I have ever put up my tree!! lol!

Before you judge, or think I'm crazy, you have to understand my reasoning: We had our first snowfall of the season, on October 31st, which means, Winter is here.

I HATE winter. I hate the snow, I hate the cold, I hate having to get everyone all bundled up to go anywhere! I hate the crappy driving conditions, I hate the kids being stuck inside. And mainly, I hate how LONG winter is!! For us, it usually starts by mid-October (we lucked out this year, and didn't get our first snow until the END of October!), and easily lasts to the middle or end of April, with a token big dump of snow in May. I'm sorry, but 6-7 months of winter is TOO LONG!! I am living in the wrong climate - I should move to Florida or something!! :)

Anyways, in an effort to combat the winter blues I get every year, I have decided this year to put up our Christmas tree early. Christmas is the ONE thing that I like about winter. I love the trees, I love the lights, I love the music. I love baking, sending and receiving cards, buying and wrapping gifts. I love the "magic" of Christmas, I love the anticipation!

So I figure by putting up our tree early, we can have almost 2 full months of Christmas! I also figure by starting everything early, I can enjoy it all more, and not get bogged down by the stress of trying to get everything done. I want to really enjoy the Christmas season this year. I want to spend more time with friends and family this season, enjoying each others company, and making great memories! :)

So yes, it is only November 5th, but let me be the first to say, "Merry Christmas!" :)

3 comments:

The Merry Band of Fife said...

I'll probably put one of my trees up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I totally feel ya.

Jenn said...

One thing I love about Canada, is that our Thanksgiving is in October, so after Halloween, we can focus soley on Christmas! ;)

Anonymous said...

I usually put my tree up the first weekend in November too but this weekend was too busy with my husband going out of town for the next week. We're doing it next weekend though!
A good American friend of mine gave me a lecture about putting up my tree before Thanksgiving last year. I had to kindly remind her that I am Canadian so I was in the clear of mixing up my holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...