Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bean Letters and More!




Today the triplets made letters out of red chili beans - and they LOVED it!! They kept on asking to make more and more. I finally had to tell them they had done enough, because we were running out of space to put them all to dry! lol! :)


Yesterday, we had Jade's year end homeschool assessment. It was a bit early, but it was when our advisor happened to be coming through town (he lives up north, several hours away). Everything was good. He really doesn't do much, I just have to fill out an assessment form, and he answers any questions or concerns I might have. We also registered for next year.


We will be done all of our grade 3 stuff except for math, by the end of April. So I have decided to do a "summer semester" from May to August. Jade will finish up math by mid June, and then I have some review booklets for her to work through. Jade doesn't like math, but she is good at it. This morning she had a test, and got 98%! In fact, she has gotten over 90% on all but one test. I think because she is so artsy, she just really doesn't enjoy math. But the perfectionist in her wants to work hard, and get it right! So I want to continually work at math with her, to keep up her skills, and keep it relatively easy for her.


In our summer semester, Jade is also going to do some grammar worksheets, and some journal and story writing. I am also thinking of doing some science workbooks with her, since we didn't do tons of science this year.


I want to keep her summer semester fairly easy and low key. I want it to take no more than 2 hours each day. I am not going to be anal about it, and if it is a gorgeous day, and we want to go to the zoo or something, then we will just skip school that day. We also plan on going on some holidays, so we won't do school those weeks either. I basically just want to keep up her skills, and give her something constructive to do each day - but don't worry, she will have plenty of down time, outside time, and time to play with her friends! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...