I was getting lunch ready, and Hayden was helping me wash the strawberries. Kadance came into the kitchen and wanted to help, but there wasn't room, so I told her that she could help with the next thing. She got mad and stormed off into the living room. Then I heard a big crash and Kadance started screaming. I turned around to see what had happened (I could see her from where I was standing in the kitchen). She had tripped over a toy, and was laying face down on the floor crying. I went to help her up and see what she hurt. As soon as I picked her up, I could see a puddle of blood on the floor, and she has blood all over her hands and her chin. I yelled for Jade to grab me some Kleenex. I thought that she had hit her mouth, but then I saw that the blood was coming from her chin. I quickly pressed some Kleenex to her chin to slow the bleeding and clean it up so that I could see how bad it was - I had a feeling it was bad!
When I took a look at it, I could see that it was split wide open, and knew that she needed stitches. I quickly called Gairod and told him (he was working in Calgary), as I racked my brain trying to think of who I could call to come and watch the other kids. I have come to realize that I don't really do well in emergency situations - I tend to panic, and I can't think straight! I finally thought of my friend Kandice and called her. Luckily she was home, and told me to bring the kids right over.
I got everyone loaded into the Suburban, dropped off the other kids, and took Kadance into Airdrie, to Urgent Care. My poor girl cried the whole way there, and she cried while we waited in line at triage. Once the nurse assessed her, she put a numbing gel on her chin, and covered it with a big plastic bandage while we waited for stitches. As her chin started to freeze, Kadance started to perk up and she stopped crying.
Gairod left work, and came and met us at Urgent Care. We waited for about 2.5 hours, then finally we got called back to the suture room. The lady only put 2 stitches in (Gairod said she should have put more in), covered it with a cloth bandage, and sent us on our way. We have to go to our family doctor in a week, to get the stitches out.
Poor Kadance was in quite a bit of pain yesterday evening, as all the freezing wore off. She is in quite a bit of pain this morning too. I am really hoping that she starts to feel better soon! :(
Just before stitches
No comments:
Post a Comment