After a month at the lake, we are finally home! :) The kids and I spent 2 weeks at the cabin with my mom, and then Gairod came out and joined us for another 2 weeks!
I have lots to tell you about, including the triplets ALL learning how to ride their bikes without training wheels, and the MAJOR damaging hail storm we had (it was baseball sized hail!!!), but I am going to split it up into a few posts. First, I need to tell you about my weight loss while we were gone!!
When we got up to the lake, I tried really hard to stick with my diet and exercise routine! I started running outside in the mornings (run 2 days, 1 day off). This worked great for about the first 2 weeks, but then my right foot started to hurt. Each time I ran, it hurt a little bit more, until I finally decided it would probably be best if I quit running until we got home, so that I could let my foot rest and heal. I was still very active though, going for at least one long walk a day, some days 2 or 3 walks!
I also did great with my eating while we were gone! This is the part I was really worried about. There are SO many tempting things at the lake - an awesome bakery, a retro candy store, and several ice cream shops!! I managed to mainly stick to my Weight Watchers, with a minimal amount of cheating! lol!
I continued to weigh myself every Monday, and I steadily dropped pounds each week! 5 pounds the first week, 2 pounds the second week, 1.5 pounds the third week, and 1.5 pounds the fourth week - for a total of 10 pounds!!! I am THRILLED with my weight loss while we were gone!!
So I am now at 208lbs, down a total of 17lbs since the beginning of June! We got home on Wednesday, and I hopped right back on the treadmill on Thursday, and everything felt great - actually it felt too easy!! :)
1 comment:
Wow! Great work! How inspiring!
Post a Comment